Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Almost back to where we started.

You know when you´re young (er, he...), and you go and see Amèlie, and you get out of the cinema, and you´re fucking mad at your boyfriend (ex), but watching that movie made it all better?
And the you say, screw it all, I´m packing my bags and leaving for Europe! I´m going to find that adventure, and going to find that café, I´m going to find my own Mr. Quincampoix, and I´m going to be happy and speak french and wear red and skip stones or whatever???

But then real life gets in the way, school, money, jobs, other boys, lazyness, and that dream, your life plan, is just something you talk about with your two best friends when you´re having car-bars in front of one of your houses. And you talk excitedly for three hours, you make a one year financial plan to save money to escape to France, you even talk about the places you´ll see, the people you´ll meet, the paintings you will paint, the books you will write.

And the next day you wake up hung over and just go out to get some fish tacos?

Well, I´m here now, finally...and also, it´s been nearly a year.

Coming here was a plan, a plan with no future, a plan written in the back seat of a car while drunk. So actually being here has been so improvised, that each time I ask myself why I am here I tell myself another lie.

But my vacation is running out fast, and all though I´m coming right back, I am coming back with a vengeance.

I have been dormant too long.

And it is time for me to come back to myself.

My new year´s resolutions are starting to get written.

And there are 4 projects all ready to attack.

And there are schools to apply to.

And there is the rest of the country to discover.

And I´m finally ready for it all.

So, prepare yourselves for a good fucking year.

No comments: