Saturday, November 14, 2009

Sigh...

I´m going to do great things with my life.

HUGE, BIG, BIG things.

I´m going to write a book of short stories.

I´m going to work in a museum.

I´m going to give a conference.

I´m going to be on the television.

I´m going to get the perfect couch and really nice sheets and all the kitchen utensils that I dream of.

I will have 500 dollar shoes.

And an expensive dog, and my house will always be filled with flowers.

I am going to be the amazing adult that I wanted to be when I was twelve.

Just not right this moment...

Is that wrong?

I am content working at starbucks, giving english lessons, eating a 1 euro baguette for breakfeast, lunch and dinner.

Drinking beer and watching cheap movies.

Not having money to buy anything ever. It´s ok with me.

I´m happy with my weekends, when I don´t go out because my feet hurt from standing up for six hours straight.

I like having a boy snoring in my bed 3 nights out of 7. And I like waking up in his bed 3 other nights of the week.

I like to plan my days around the television series I watch religiously.

I like to walk around the river in my blue coat and sit and read whenever I feel like it.

I like kissing.

I like the person I´ve become here.

I could do all this for a while.

But I promise you people.

I´m going to do great things with my life.

Just not right now.

1 comment:

Ivonne. said...

what you´re doing right now it´s also great honey : )