Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Ehem...

I normally don't do politics...

But what's up with people against the health care reform?
Has nobody told them it's FOR them???

I've lived in France for a year and a half, and boy is it quick to get used to paying nothing when your sick...But that´s not really the issue...

I've been thinking about it for a couple of months now, but all of a sudden, my mom writes me to tell me she´s helping my aunt look for rehab for her son, and that they've had trouble, since, to pay for most rehabs you would have to be in debt for life...which in my opinion, would only make me want to drink MORE...

But...what I'm thinking, that to YOU may be obvious, but apparently to most of the US population is NOT:

Wouldn't it be actually GOOD for the government to help reform people with addictions??? For EVERYONE? Don't most meth heads eventually end up on the street beating people up for money for their next fix? Wouldn't it be GOOD to not have that?

And, maybe I'm the only american (or half american at least) thinking this, but wouldn't it be nice not to worry about PAYING when I'm sick? Like, unfortunate people who get cancer (knock on wood) don't have bigger things to worry about than putting a mortgage on their house to pay for radiation????

Of course, taxes!!! But hey, I'm not even a french citizen and I'm actually happy to give up about 30 euros of my monthly salary to support a health system that helps everyone, all the time, even if they don't work, or if they live on the streets, or if they're not even french, like me. I mean, really, why not??? People have a right to live... this a basic right, right?

So why are people who have an illness dying in America, because nobody will give them health insurance, or because they're waiting for a guy in a suit to decide if someone gets chemo???

I hate to think that rich a-holes don't want to approve it because they don't want the same coverage as the guy that asks for money on the street...

Geez...this is why I normally don't do politics...it breaks my brain...

At least I hope my cousin gets help for under 15 thousand dollars...If not he could come to France.

No comments: