Tuesday, December 22, 2009

So this is what happened...

Yes, it is true, for the first time in 25 years, I´m spending Xmas in a far off land, without my beautiful family and friends.

WHY???

Well, France is reporting one of the harshest winters in a long time, and trains get cancelled and delayed and pushed back and blocked for 17 hours in a tunnel with no heat, light or food...(Did you see the news? I feel lucky now)

So, my plane left in the morning, which is really terrible, because I live 2:30 hours away from Paris...So it gives a really small margin of error...and that´s exactly what happened...

My train would arrive only 1:30 hours at the airport before my departure...and as soon as I got inside, and it started going away from Lyon they said this:

Dear passengers, due to weather conditions the fast train is going at a limited speed, so we will be traveling with a delay of 40 mins to 1 hour...thank you for your patience...

So...For the next 3:30 hours of the SLOW TRAIN I was totally panicking and like mentally slitting my wrists...

So, needless to say, when I got to the airport, my plane was already boarding, and as I got in line for check in, and saw one hundred people lined up before me, my heart just fell...

I got in line at the costumer service line, to try and get the next flight out...There where maybe 35 people in front of me...2 hours later, there where maybe 32 people in front of me...

And behind me, about 100...

So it seems that everyone had trouble with their holiday trip this year in France...

When I eventually got to the front of the line (after the longest 5 hours in my life) I was told that in fact I had to go somewhere else, to try and pay a fine for missing my flight and get the next one out...

But as I got to that counter, the horrible HORRIBLE man told me, Im sorry, I´m actually alredy closed!

I tried to explain my miserable state, and he said, well, you´ll not getting outta here before the 26th anyway...

At that, I didn´t even respond...I walked away with tears in my eyes, bought a train ticket back to Lyon (Which was delayed two freaking hours) and came to my cold empty home...feeling worse than I have felt in a long while...

So...that´s the story morning glory...weather, trains and the man got to me...and at the end I kinda gave up, I admit...

I´ll probably spend xmas at vecino´s parent´s house in normandy...which gives me the oportunity to:

A) Be with someone who loves me
B)See what french people eat on xmas (and miss my grammas tamales)
C)Get to know a new and exciting part of France (Normandy is like the opposite side from me)
D)See the ocean (they have the ocean there)

The only downside to all of this is that I get to TAKE THE FREAKING TRAIN AGAIN!!!

At the moment, all of the trains going to Paris tomorrow are blocked for reservation...But I´ll try

*********************************************************

Well, anyway guys...

I´ll miss you all, and I´m very sorry that I won´t get to see you and catch up as soon as I wanted,
but it will be as soon as I can in any case..

Love,

1 comment:

Chelin said...

yaya!!!. pero tienes que venir!... muchas cosas que contar!!.. mr baseball paso navida con los Valenzuela. oh no..y los odoro1!!!! ohh weird!. ya te quiero ver!... como esta Normandy???.. y Mr Vecino????? como se porto!? que comiste!?!!?!? Comiste!?!!?